Did you mean: 

NOT RECEIVING TEXT/SMS AFTER PORTING TO O2

Benson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

it’s been 5days since I ported from my previously used network lycamobile to O2 network. I can make and receive calls, send text but I do not receive text and iMessage is not working.

I’m unable to get verification codes to allow me do important transactions and this is crashing up things for me seriously. I have contacted O2 severally and yet they keep telling me the issue has been escalated but without solution till today. It’s just as if I made the greatest mistake of my life in porting to O2. Please I need your help urgently . Debts are pilling up on me right now as I can’t do transactions that require me to use verification codes to login and get OTP. Save a life now pls…

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38272 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Hi @Benson - this issue has been affecting quite a lot of people lately, not just on O2 either. I'm tagging @O2Lisa, one of the O2 Account Advisors here on the forum - wait for her to reply, she will be on here from about 8am. Hang tight until she contacts you, see if you can be back up and running today! Good luck! 

Message 2 of 50

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @pgn 😊

@Benson I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 50

pgn
  • 38272 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Thank you @O2Lisa - and hopefully you'll be sorted soon, @Benson 🤞

Message 4 of 50

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @pgn 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 50

Singh
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue, I can make calls and send texts however I am not receiving any texts. Ported from Virgin Mobile to O2 about a month ago.

Message 6 of 50

Dharmesh13
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even I am having the same issue with my number, since 10 days I am facing problem with not receiving msgs. I have been to store and tried customer care as well but everyone says wait for 24 hours then nothing happening. I have switch from Lyca to O2

email - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**Personal info**

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 7 of 50

Vbwolf
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do we contact her? I have been waiting four days and if I don’t get my number today I am canceling my contract. This is my work and lifeline and it is 2022 not 1992. Why on earth should it take this long? It cost me 300 yesterday cos no one could get hold of me. 

Message 8 of 50

pgn
  • 38272 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Tagging @O2Lisa and @O2Sarah - one each for the two posts above this, if you can, please?

This OTP thing is really biting some people, sadly, @Vbwolf and @Dharmesh13 (and @Singh earlier).

Could ask for these to be put in as individual requests, rather than tagged on an existing request, possibly?

Message 9 of 50

Vbwolf
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much. I cannot afford to not be contactable 

Message 10 of 50