cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a number from one SIM to another (basic stuff)

MrSPV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the 2nd of April I called to order a new O2 pay monthly SIM to replace an O2 pay as you go for one of my phones. Initially the SIM failed to arrive so I had to call again. When it eventually did arrive about two weeks later I enquired about how the old pay as you go number could be retained. The ‘process’ by which that could be effected was started by the representative filling in a ‘form’. After waiting 48 hours nothing had happened and the number had not moved to the new SIM. Two or three very long winded and painful calls later over a period of several weeks, more forms completed and two unanswered complaints has resulted in nothing. The number has still not been moved. I don’t really have words for how incompetent this appears.  What is going on?

Thanks

Mike

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@MrSPV 

Gold levels of incompetence these days.

Try the social media UK based teams Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2