Did you mean: 

Migration to the new billing system

Andekorolev82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

This question might be asked a number of times, but I need some tech support here.
On April 30th I received an email about new billing system and requirement to contact O2 to keep my number as they failed to transfer me automatically.
I did it the same day and after nearly 2 hours on the line new contract was created with temporary number and I was ensured that my main number would migrate there shortly.
After nothing happened in a week or two, I contacted Legacy team again (not to mention a number of hours of listening an annoying jazz music waiting) and realised that they created an eSim for a new contracts which I can’t use. So the consultant changed the order to physical sim and ensured me again that the number migration is planned with 3 days delay from the latest ETA of sim delivery, and I had nothing to do, just wait until my current sim will stop to work to install new one. Once I received a new sim I tried to swap number by text message service but it returned with tech error.
Again, after nothing happened for some time and I unsuccessfully tried to contact support, I managed to reach them out this Monday and another consultant took the serial number of the new sim and confirmed that the swap would have completed within 24h.
Guess what? Nothing happened.
I spent 3.5h today listening to jazz and didn’t manage to get to Legacy support team.
I called 202 and escalated to the support manager, who also didn’t manage to get to them.
I installed new sim in a spare phone and tried, to activate it and tried to do a swap by text which returned with tech error again.

Anybody know the way around or I’d rather go to EE shop and get new contract from them? I’m just worried they wouldn’t be able to transfer my number and I’ll loose it once Legacy is switched off after May 30.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

If you are outside of your contracted term, you are at liberty to go to EE, if they serve your area as well as O2 may... @Andekorolev82 

O2 have messed up a system update which is affecting thousands of customers.

1) You can use alternative email to gain access. Give this to O2.

2) Or you can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 7

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 779 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Andekorolev82 Is this still ongoing?

If so, please drop me a PM with some more details 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 3 of 7

Andekorolev82
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for getting in touch, but I believe there are some people from O2 who can really look at the problem from inside.

Message 4 of 7

Andekorolev82
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Just sent you PM

Message 5 of 7

Andekorolev82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update. The number eventually has been restored. Thanks everybody for help

Message 6 of 7

R171
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm still waiting 10 days for my number did the legacy team jazz number fix yours in the end. I too have spent around 20hrs f my life dedicated to the migration of 3 numbers to new sim billing system 360 and have the main account number still waiting to be migrated with the mythical back team . I think O2 should be under some sort of regulator review by now for not being able to provide their customers with continuity of service.  Next week my will go to formal complaints. But I'm hopeful after reading yours is sorted thanks for sharing 

Message 7 of 7