Did you mean: 

Migration PROBLEMS from Virgin to O2

sudo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

I was migrated from Virgin mobile (rolling monthly) to O2 on 13th July 2023.

Phone and Text starting working within 24 hours but I had no Internet /Data.

After contacting O2 Customer Support, I was sent an O2 SIM to rectify problem but the problem still exists.

I have contacted Customer Support on numerous occasions, I get asked to go over the same processes - restart Phone, reset Network Settings, check Data Roaming is on...

They have escalated the problem but my Internet/Data service is STILL out 10 days later!!!

I don't have Internet at home, so I have to rely on my phone - I cannot be without my Data!!! 

(I'm am fortunate shops like ASDA have free WiFi, which I have had to use to transfer money on banking app ETC. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!) 

WHEN CAN THIS BE FIXED?

If O2 is unable to fix this, WHAT DO I DO??? 

There's no point taking money off my bill if I have no phone!!! 

(I'm using Internet at a friends to send this message!)

Sony Xperia 10 (I3113) 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

Unfortunately we are all customers here and have no access to accounts so we are not too sure what they have tried

I suggest you go into your APN settings on your phone and check they correspond with these.

If not, change them and then save the changes

Android = https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

iPhone = https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/5...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Any luck with changing the APN settings @sudo?

Message 3 of 7

sudo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

(Apologies for the rant.) 

Thanks for all comments and any advice much appreciated.

Using another SIM sent by O2 now, added APN as advised by O2 Tech Support. 

Also, tried APN as per @Enlli.

Both to no avail, Internet still not working.

Message 4 of 7

62androckingit
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure this will help but have you got data roaming activated? I had a similar issue and have changed my APN setting and also activated data roaming and I can now access 4g. I have wifi at home and work but when I was out and about, nada. So, I am hoping the issue has been resolved. It's been more than a flippin' faff to do this migration from Virgin to O2. I didn't even know that I could have kept my Virgin Sim card and they would have migrated me over without having to go through the trauma of getting an O2 Sim (first one posted to the wrong address!) and then several calls to 02 themselves. Hope you get sorted out. Sorry, I had a bit of a rant as well!

Message 5 of 7

sudo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your post. 

I tried everything to no avail - either they don't know what they're doing or pushing people off deliberately, don't think they care!

I couldn't deal with them, so I have cancelled my account and gone with someone else!

Went through comparison site, found deal for extra £2/month for same contract + new phone...

(fonehouse/ talkmobile/ Samsung Galaxy A14 5G + unlimited calls/ texts/ 100Gb data - around £15/m)

Waste of THREE weeks of my life... 

Maybe (Richard) needs to sort out his on Earth before reaching for the stars!

Will write a complaint (when I get chance), try and get month's bill + cancellation charge refunded.

Bye bye Virgin/ O2

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

Branson sold Virgin Media to Liberty Global in 2013 @sudo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7