cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast down - how long does it take to fix?

Snowjax
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there - there is no data access where I'm based (currently writing from another location). The network info from o2 says there is a mast down and that it will be fixed but no one at o2 (I've called) can give me a timeline. I cannot even send an email, there's just no connection. Does anyone know a typical timeline for masts to be fixed please? It's already been about 4 days, inc a weekend. Are we talking more days, or weeks?! Can't work, desperate. Waiting for a BT line to be installed so we have wifi but that will be a while, so in meantime relying on my o2 network phone and o2 network mifi. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Snowjax 

There are too many variables and O2 will never give a timeline for repairs, sorry.

It can be anything from days to weeks depending on the issue and the permitted access to the site (some are on private ground so access needs to be granted etc).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Snowjax
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks a lot for the quick and honest reply! I'll have to get another sim card for another network then... 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4