Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madagascar

ShaunSheep
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello lm in Madagascar with your travel package, but data roaming doesn't work. I have successfully registered with both airtel and orange mg. I appear to have been charged for at least one day.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93269 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

These are some tips to try :

Reboot phone.
  Manually search for a different network
  If using an iPhone, change data apn to  mobile.o2.co.uk
  Call customer service to check for any roaming bars
  Or if you message O2 using the social media links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 8

ShaunSheep
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I got the welcome to Madagascar text, which told me to keep my phone on for all the data etc, for £6 a day. Charged £6 but no data.

O2 told me to use the service,  so no roaming bars (and they have charged me) and I have successfully registered, manually, with 2 operators. Also rebooted phone.

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10630 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@ShaunSheep 

Might be worth checking Mobile Roaming is switched on the phone, also make sure that your phone is not set to 5G as there are no 5G networks, and even 3G as 4G and LTE coverage is very patchy from reports on nperf

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

ShaunSheep
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Thanks. Data roaming has been switched on (is mobile roaming something different?) and the phone is set to connect to 2G/3G etc. As said, it has registered with airtel and orange MG, but no services appear to be available. I dare not leave data roaming switched on, in case of uncontrolled charges.

I would really appreciate a solution to this.

Thank you

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7497 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@ShaunSheep 

I think that you have probably taken this as far as you can on this customer to customer forum. Please follow @jonsie's advice and contact O2 :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 6 of 8

ShaunSheep
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to all who have tried to help. I've left Madagascar without a connection,  but I hope things will work when I reach south Africa. I've spent hours trying everything possible,  but failed. Sadly even the online Help just went round in circles and without a connection I can't contact O2.

C'est la vie.

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7497 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@ShaunSheep 

@ShaunSheep wrote:

.......and without a connection I can't contact O2.

If you are able to post on here, you can contact O2. Use their social media channels. The post above by @jonsie gives you details, as does :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 8 of 8