Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost mobile internet on Android

Dave531
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I travelled to China and 4G worked for a couple of days but then stopped. I assumed some issue with roaming but I've been back in the UK a week and still no 4G. Everything else is fine - calls/SMS/WiFi.

I've tried restarting, setting a new APN based on other posts here, turn off roaming, turn off and on mobile data but nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Google Pixel 4a on Pay monthly (recently transferred from Virgin mobile a week or two before travelling to China)

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149106 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Dave531 

You may need a new sim but try resetting your network settings first.

Pop into your local O2 store with photo ID or call 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149106 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Dave531 

You may need a new sim but try resetting your network settings first.

Pop into your local O2 store with photo ID or call 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 1402

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Dave531
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 . I tried your suggestion for resetting Network Settings to no avail so went into an O2 store today. It turns out I had a GPRS block on my account. They got it removed and it is now working.

I asked why I had been blocked but there was nothing to say why. It's somewhat annoying that O2 never sent me a courtesy message or anything to say they had restricted my account leaving me to think something was wrong with my phone.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 149106 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

You're welcome @Dave531 

Glad you are sorted.

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38294 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

Interesting, the GPRS Bar used to be only for Business account blocks, perhaps all bars as listed in this Guide: O2 BARs have been rationalised across O2's Mobile offerings with the VM and O2 merger - well done getting to the bottom of it. And yes, it would be nice to "know" what O2 apply to your account that you only discover when something stops working under certain circumstances, @Dave531!

GPRS

Bars all data usage on a specified mobile phone number.

Message 5 of 5