cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my phone; PUK code not working.

ElleTechElle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is so ridiculous. I can't remember my SIM PIN code, but I've managed to find the PUK code in my account, yay! But no. When I enter the PUK code, it still doesn't work to unblock the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

ElleTechElle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought perhaps the problem was that I hadn't entered the wrong code enough times to initiate the full SIM lock; but in fact what happens is that I enter wrong codes about five times, then a message appears telling me to restart and try again. At no point does it say the SIM is now blocked; and it still won't accept the PUK.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149436 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@ElleTechElle 

A PUK will only work once the sim is blocked. It will not unlock a sim pin code.

You will need to block the sim by repeated attempts to unlock it or pop in store, with ID, to get a new sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

ElleTechElle
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much for your reply! For some unknown reason, my phone refused to block the SIM - despite my repeatedly entering the wrong PIN! However, I've just got my teenager on board and ta-dah! All solved, hurray! Thanks for coming to help, anyway. Have a great night. 😊

Message 4 of 4