Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living abroad, lost my sim

Dan90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I live in Thailand and have lost my UK SIM. I just want to cancel the monthly payment (I'm out of contract) and change to pay as you go. This way I can keep my number for whatsapp which is all that matters (I use a thai SIM for data).

How can I do this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11041 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 363 Solutions

Hi there @Dan90 

Do you want to keep your number?

THIS IS HELPFUL A GUIDE PAY MONTHLY TO PAYGO 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10642 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Dan90 

You will need to follow this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract and you can use skype Guide: A Guide to Skype  to call o2 ON +44 800 902 0217

o2 will  not post a sim card to Thailand, so you will have to have it posted to a UK address and make arrangements to get it posted to Thailand.. and make sure you understand the rules around topups and minumum usage.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146992 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Dan90 

You need to report the loss to O2 to prevent charges to your account Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23542 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Dan90 If you're using WhatsApp for your calls it doesn't matter whether you have a UK or a Thai air time sim. If you're calling over a WiFi connection it's free. You'd just have to send a message via WhatsApp to your contacts that you've changed your number and they can change it on their phones.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5