Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of address for a new contract

AMCS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, trying to sign up for a new plan but need the sim delivered asap. The address on my (old) O2 account has changed and I can’t see how to change it to my new address.  I need the address to be right to take delivery of the Sim.  Please help 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@AMCS 

You can change your address in your details in your MYO2

or contact O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

AMCS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but apparently you cant change address online if you dont yet have a contract (just an account) or if you are a PAYG customer.  So I went to the O2 store and even they had issues, but managed to get me a plan using a workaround.  I now have to wait 30 days to change my address but as I got the SIM in store thats fine.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@AMCS 

It is correct that you can't change address on PAYG  but you didn't say that you were, so we wouldn't have known.

Registering a new sim with a different email address would work in that case.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

AMCS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wasn't PAYG before on my old plan.  But I did say I was trying to sign up for a new plan.  Also I don't really want to have to create a new email address for O2.  Anyway issue resolved by going to the O2 shop.  They said it was a security issue that prevented me changing my address in case my account had been hacked.  But for some reason I can change the adddress 30 days after my new account is activated - not clear what has changed then. 

Message 5 of 5
1 View