Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

Ninja333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to switch my number to my new sim for 3 weeks. I was clear about both sims being from O2 but under different accounts.

I was told to create a PAC code, porting was meant to happen on 10th/11th June. It failed so I contacted O2 again. They said it wasn't possible to transfer using PAC code so they would cancel it and do a transfer of ownership. I kept chasing this up as nothing was happening. Finally on 20th June both my sims were disconnected and a random number came up instead, apparently by mistake.

I have been chasing O2 for updates but get the same wait or attempts to port answers. Today however I was told my keep number has gone to virgin?

It is now day 12 without my number.

I am extremely frustrated to say the least.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23550 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@Ninja333 I don't know who you've been talking to, but you have been told a load of rubbish.

Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

If you're still not sure see this: How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community With any luck you'll speak to someone who isn't incompetent, but there's no guarantee of that these days with O2 CS.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Ninja333
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I've read that and was aware PAC shouldn't have been required, but hadn't had to deal with such terrible customer service before and naively continued to be patient and listen to their confounding info..

I am still trying but face the repeated answer of wait 10 days as they are trying to sort this. I've contacted them 4 times separately today... I no longer can accept to wait further days when nothing gets done.. I've also lodged a complaint though who knows if that will go anyway towards reimbursing the stress of past 2 weeks.

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23550 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@Ninja333 If you've lodged a complaint then no one from customer service would be able to assist you. We understand that the average time for a response from the complaints department is 8 weeks, which I'm sure is of absolutely no comfort to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Ninja333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really?! They've not mentioned anything about complaint, just attempted and failed to 'help' in varying ways.

I emailed a complaint some days ago and told I would be contacted within 7 days.

Just to be contacted would be bliss compared to trying to talk to what feels like a brick wall.

Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12384 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

If you are moving your number from another network you need to port your number in @Ninja333 

That is covered by this guide - Guide: Migration & porting into O2 (which has already been given).

If you are moving an o2 number from one sim to another (which begs the question - why are you doing that?) then you might want this guide - Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12384 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Just re-read the original post and saw the part about different accounts.

Are you taking ownership of a number that is on an account under a different name @Ninja333 ? Say from a parent's account to your own?

Then you need to call in and ask o2 to migrate your number, while you are with the person who "owns" the number currently. This is so you can request the number be moved, and the person on the other account can authorise it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

Ninja333
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj yeh I will use the word 'migrate' and even send the link that's been shared by you guys the next time I've got time for a long webchat. Don't want to risk missing a call by calling in today as I've received a text saying I will be updated on number transfer once it's completed. So hopefully it'll be done today and I won't have to deal with them at all anymore!

Message 8 of 8