Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls show as Unknown & 4G/5G constantly turns off & stays off

JacksonPhone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a new iPhone 14 last Monday after my old iPhone was lost. New sim with same number. 

From setting up the phone, these two problems have persisted:

4G/5G mobile data doesn't automatically work when i leave a wifi connection. I have to toggle Airplane Mode on & off. It will then work for a few minutes and then turn off again. I have tried resetting network settings, changing all the O2 provider automatic settings etc. Nothing works. 

When i receive calls, it comes up as Unknown Caller. And apparently comes up as this when i call certain contacts. I went back to the shop yesterday morning and got them to give me another new Sim, with same number, and the problem persists. I have spoken to various customer service people at 02 but nobody has provided any solutions. They said it can take 24 hours to work properly but it has been more than that now. 

I noticed another thread on here cites the same issue. Some people say disabling 4G calling fixed the problem, but this is not an option on my iPhone14 for some reason. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Unknown-Private-number-for-all-incoming-calls/td-p/160972...

These are both very annoying problems, and 02 have no idea how to solve either of them. I guess last option is to get another new phone. 

Any ideas? Thanks !

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38416 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Contact O2 via Social Media, link just below this post, or try calling them at around 8am, ask them if all the O2 blocks (SIM s wellas account) that were put in place when you reported the loss of your old iPhone gave been removed.

Also ask them to check your account is configured for an iPhone - in case that setting was removed accidentally when service was restored, @JacksonPhone. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@JacksonPhone same issue I'm having. Not noticed any data issues though. Just with the Unknown Caller issue. 

It seems to be a carier exclusive issue from what I've seen online. Loads of reports on here, all within several months old, no clear solution either. 

I'd do a bodge as a workaround, providing it didn't break anything else that I would use. I went looking for 4G calling and it wasn't there as an option for me. It may have been there on old iPhone but not this new one. 

Message 3 of 7

Bc2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem 6 weeks now from my new phone and no one in o2 can help. 

Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38416 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Bc2 wrote:

I am having the same problem 6 weeks now from my new phone and no one in o2 can help. 

Call O2 CS, ask them to remove WiFi and 4G calling service from your account, then to switch that feature back on again. This has been reported to help clear the problem you are experiencing, but your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Message 5 of 7

yas1
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded to iphone 14 with a new sim. I have noticed that when it is on 3g , the unknown caller strikes. Is there a solution to this yet?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

CLI Presentation Facility Bolt-on needs adding. It is my screenshot shared on this thread: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/No-caller-id-on-all-incoming-calls-for-over-two-weeks/td-...

Message 7 of 7