Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - no caller ID

Roman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since Thursday all of my incoming calls are coming through as ‘No Caller ID’. This includes all of my saved contacts. I’ve checked all of my phone settings, completed a network reset, installed the latest iOS,

called O2 twice (they just googled it and offered no solutions!), been to a store and done a SIM swap. When another SIM,

with another account and number, is placed into my phone it works fine! It seems to be baffling everyone. Anyone have any ideas??….

Message 1 of 263
262 REPLIES 262

Alastair-1
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian,

I thought I'd posted a reply, but can't find it now, so here is a second little message out of courtesy to you. I'm off now to GiffGaff so I can use the same O2 network which is the best for me, but not have to deal with the O2 company. Caller ID and everything working on GiffGaff.

Farewell

Alastair

Message 251 of 263

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Alastair-1 

Thanks for the update, sorry to see you go but good luck with Giffgaff.  

Message 252 of 263

TheRealFB
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Caller ID has gone again. Since 27th January 2024.
I thought it might come back, but no.
This is very tedious.  We have had Caller ID since the early 90s!  It can't be that hard.
Nothing has changed at my end.

Message 253 of 263

TheRealFB
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Replying to tag @O2Sarah who was very helpful10 months ago, and fixed it (for 9 months) then.

I have not reported this to technical support, since they were clueless last time, and I expect a better hit rate with getting through to the correct people on here.

Message 254 of 263

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37223 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sarah was an O2 advisor, part of a service withdrawn in July last year.

You can get to O2 via Social Media using the URL below, @TheRealFB - or try the phone lines around 8am. Good luck.

Message 255 of 263

TheRealFB
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,  I'll give that a go.

To be honest it is getting tedious, and I might shop around.

Message 256 of 263

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@TheRealFB 

You need to contact O2 and ask for the CLI bolt on to be applied to your account

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 257 of 263

TheRealFB
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted support through the App, which seems to be the only way to do this.

The first response raised it with network service and fix within 5 working days.
Network services have now sent an SMS promising a fix in 3-7 working days.
@Cleoriff Thanks for the help, but I'm not going to requesting a bolt on, to be honest, since it used to work, and then just stopped (twice).  They can tell me I need a bolt on, and then give me a bolt on (which should be standard) but they really ought to know how their own product works enough to do that, if that is the case.  It shouldn't be down to another user to tell me that I need to tell them how it all hangs together.
They can either fix it, or I shall be off.  GiffGaff seem to have some really good deals which include EU roaming.

Message 258 of 263

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Oh I agree @TheRealFB. However I responded to you, simply because you posted about something that I could  answer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 259 of 263

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7485 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@TheRealFB 

You might be needing this then :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck in whatever you decide ! 👍