Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMessage And Text Message after Number Port

Newbeetler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Number was ported over this morning. After resetting network settings etc I have managed to get the phone recognising the number ported but it is failing to activate Imessage.

Can not send Imessage or SMS which is critical at the moment as I support disabled family members who only contact via Imessage/SMS. 

Anyone come across a quick fix before I take a run to the O2 shop. Need to try and get resolved as I'll be nipping in between drop off and pick up of the family members who I need the message contact for. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

PerLE-71
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for responding, my situation is slightly different in that I got a new sim because my phone suddenly stopped working altogether. The new sim has been in for several weeks, I can make and receive calls and texts. However I cannot send text messages and iMessages are being sent from my email address. I cannot activate iMessage or FaceTime, and also cannot set up my voicemail. I have been through hours and hours with o2 doing resets etc and they transferred me to Apple support. They went through everything again and said there is nothing I can do on my phone. They said it’s a problem with the carrier because my iPhone hasn’t been activated properly. The problem I have is that O2 just keep saying my account isn’t blocked and then tell me again to reset the network settings or check my software is up to date. I have tried everything without success. I’m think I’m going to get a new contract with someone else and hope it sets up ok but I don’t think I can risk porting the number as it’s not set up correctly in the first place. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 21 of 22

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@PerLE-71 

Why not get a PAYG SIM for another network and check that in your iPhone ? 

If it works, recontact O2 with that as additional evidence. 

Message 22 of 22