Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI block

Cellro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My iPhone lost service on Thursday morning and after many hours on phone to customer services, a trip to Apple Store and a whole morning at o2 store it turns out someone in insurance (I don’t even have o2 insurance) mistakenly applied an IMEI block to my device. Forms were raised yesterday to unblock this and I was told it would be unblocked within 24 hours. It has now been more than 24 hours and phone still blocked. Spent almost two hours on phone to customer services today and no one seems to be able to help. Does any one have any idea how I can resolve this as I didn’t initiate the block, didn’t report phone lost or stolen and account is in good order and up to date. I’m told it was an unfortunate mistake due to computer or human error but no one seems able to unblock and I’m now three days without a phone. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.   

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 667 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hey @Cellro 

Did you get this resolved?

If not, please drop me some more details via PM and i'll take a closer look.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 11 of 12

Cellro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes @Dave-O2 - I went back into store yesterday and assistant was able to resolve it immediately. Someone in customer services applied a new IMEI bar so it would show up on system and it could then be removed and worked in minutes. Main problem was that no one knew where the bar came from or why so didn’t know how to remove it. I was without service for six days as a result! 

Message 12 of 12