Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep your mobile number online form constant error message

Clive27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I really hope someone can help. I am a new O2 customer and now have a pac code from Vodafone to enable me to keep my mobile number. I have attempted to fill in the O2 "online form" in the "How to Keep Your Number" tab a total of 8 times now with what I believe is all of the correct information.

Evrytime I click send I get an error message "Oops. Something went wrong".

It is incredibly frustrating as the "chat" service has been suspended becaquse of the current crisis, the customer services telephone number cuts me off at the end of the automated menu every time and there does not appear to be an email address to ask for help.

So I appear to hsave no options to get help from O2 and no way to get my number ported. Can anyone help or advise?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Clive27

The system is currently running slow and as such it is making things very difficult. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.
I will recommend you restart your phone again.
Also wait for about 48hrs.
You can try contacting the customer service for more help

Keep on trying these numbers in the article https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Do you mean you have followed the instructions in the link below?
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
If yes and that has not worked you will need to call customer services - link under the line below.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

Clive27
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks KingAmo.

That's much appreciated. I will perservere and maybe try some of the alernative phone numbers if no success.

Message 4 of 5

Clive27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes gmarkj, that is the link I have been using. Will try and perservere with getting through to customer services. Many thanks.

Message 5 of 5