Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to fix a mast problem?

Puzzled356
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My local 02 mast has been showing a problem on the 02 service checker for over a week. In that time, there have been no updates at all. There doesn't seem to be any way of finding out what is happening. Any ideas how to do that please?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Puzzled356 A guide and ways to report your fault here: How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Edit: O2 never give timelines on mast repairs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Puzzled356
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - done all those things. 02 accept that they have a mast problem but unlike other network providers it appears impossible to get any idea from them of their fix plan and timing. Zero communications from a communications company. 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Puzzled356 I doubt that any network provider would give you a fix plan and timing to repair a mast. If they did and didn't meet their target, there would be an avalanche of demands for compensation.

As it stands with O2, you can call customer service and voice your unhappiness with the situation. If you get the right person, you might be offered a goodwill gesture, but there's no guarantee of that. Never hurts to try though, if you have the time.

If you can get a signal, call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or by using Skype: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
The 800 number isn't available until 9 am UK time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4