Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giffgaff to o2

Welshviking
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, After 10 years at Giffgaff i have joined o2 due mainly to 3 holidays planned in Europe and having to go to work in Germany on/off for the next 12 months. The question i have is I filled out the transfer my old number form on o2 website yesterday. My Giffgaff card is now not working and on my account it says i need an active simcard. I have put the new o2 simcard in my phone and the new temp number is still working. How long will it take for my old number to transfer as it is very important i keep my old number, i filled out the form at approx 1pm yesterday. Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

As the Giffgaff SIM has disconnected hopefully today. Keep rebooting your phone.

However O2 are quite tardy and as no transfers take place Saturday and Sunday you could be looking at Monday 

Not ideal

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

As the Giffgaff SIM has disconnected hopefully today. Keep rebooting your phone.

However O2 are quite tardy and as no transfers take place Saturday and Sunday you could be looking at Monday 

Not ideal

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Welshviking
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great news the old number has just changed over from Giffgaff to o2, brilliant news as I am going to Scotland for the weekend so wont miss any calls / texts. Regards WV

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Welshviking Yes, good news

Message 4 of 4