cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORFU - NO DATA (iPhone on sim only contract)

TubbyBetty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My son has just arrived in Corfu and is not able to use his data. He's using a new iPhone SE and has a recently renewed sim only contract.  We have tried toggling with automatic network selection and also switching idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk without success.  Multiple reboots too. Does anyone have any hot tips to get this working? Thanks    

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TubbyBetty
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It turns out he did not have the correct device travel bolt-on.  O2 have changed this to the iPhone and now it works.  Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@TubbyBetty 

Is data roaming enabled in the phone settings?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

TubbyBetty
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes. We had a similar issue when he was in Tenerife which was addressed by switching from idata to mobile. This time that's not addressed it. 

Message 3 of 5

TubbyBetty
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It turns out he did not have the correct device travel bolt-on.  O2 have changed this to the iPhone and now it works.  Thanks

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

There is no travel bolt on for EU countries.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5