Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked DNS server

Gzm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning, some reason site duckdns.org has been blocked and i'm unable to access to my server as this provider short out my dynamic DNS. Please remove ban off your proxy asap. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Gzm 

This isnt customer services or o2.. 

DuckDNS gets blocked as it harbours scammers and spammers, so it hits RBL's maybe contact the owners of the platform and get them to fix their services so it can't be used by TA's.. 

The latest is because it is enabling Phishing campaigns...

This morning Virgin Media have also blocked it completely, MalwareBytes have started to block the root domain.. 

Move to a new service or build your own...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

NotSoHelpful
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can confirm that DuckDNS isn't being blocked by Virgin Media or Three.

It does suck that people will abuse DuckDNS' free service but that's people for you.

Not sure how easy or practical it is for people to just "build their own" dynamic DNS service though.

@Gzm- Have you tried https://freedns.afraid.org/

I've not used it myself but if you only have a domain or two I'm sure they'd be suitable.

Message 3 of 5

wittsend
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's no need for the whole domain to be blocked it's pure laziness. Blocking the offending sub domains is adequate. To add insult to injury, telling someone to 'build their own DNS' is just down right cheeky.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@wittsend 

I disagree, DuckDNS harbours a lot of threat actors and as such it get blocked at root level of the domain..   As that is the only way to get these developers to fix inherent problems with THEIR SERVICE.. 

Find a better service or build your own rDNS service... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5