Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan error code 14

John39
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

I’ve purchased an Apple Watch s7 from John Lewis and added a data plan to my sim only contract.

I followed the instructions on:

How do I buy an Airtime Plan on an Apple Watch that I already have?

Now, I see the data plan in MyO2, but I get this error when opening the data plan settings on my phone:

Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 14

Customer services could not resolve the issue.

•iData is enabled

•WiFi calling is ON

Looks like a common issue with devices not purchased from O2. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 310
309 REPLIES 309

jm74
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sounds like you have got further than me: did you ever have an issue where you try to add a plan, but the option in the apple watch app on the iphone, under mobile data "set up data plan" is greyed out, and then it says under:

The O2 account on this iphone cannot be used to add a data plan to "XX's Apple Watch"  

Message 21 of 310

NooDLe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the original poster. Received the text from O2 saying that the Airtime is connected, but cannot load it and getting error code 14. I spent over an hour and a half with O2 support (who sent me to Apple support and then back to O2). I tried telling them what I saw in this forum, but the O2 support did not seem to understand. 

@O2Lisa can you help? Thanks

Message 22 of 310

mpsmith85
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa I’m having the same issue with the iWatch we’re it pairs ok but then I get an error with connecting to mobile data with error code 14. Could you look into this please?

Message 23 of 310

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @mpsmith85 of course I can, I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 310

Barry123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I also have this problem. I set up a new Apple Watch 8 yesterday (purchased direct from the Apple store not 02). When I log into My02 it appears that there is 1 connected device - the Apple Watch. Prior to going through the process mentioned above to add the extra data to my plan I was able to sign into 02 during the 'Set Up Mobile Service' process in the watch app on my iPhone. However, clicking this now eventually displays the 'Oops something went wrong'... Call 202... reference code 14' It sounds like the same issue as above that @pgn resolved. Any help welcome. @O2Lisa 

Message 25 of 310

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Hi @Barry123 - it looks like your call for help from the Forum O2 advisors will have to wait until Tuesday, the advisors are not normally on duty on Sunday, and Monday leaves the Forum bereft of advisors as a mark of respect for HM the late Queen Elizabeth's Funeral that day.

@O2Sarah- is the first advisor back on shift again on Tuesday morning at around 8am.

I don't have an iPhone or iWatch, I've been trying to get the O2 Advisors to collate the magic runes they use to get over this error code 14, which has usually been rectified by re-provisioning the service on the eSim for the watch, it seems.

The O2 Social Media Team are on duty today, as far as I know, you can reach out to them via the links below for Twitter, FB or Instagram, if you wish - they should also be able to do the eSim re-provision, if you have time to spare, as well as having the inclination, @Barry123.

Sorry I can't help further, and good luck!

Message 26 of 310

Barry123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the help. im chatting to 02 live chat at the minute so hoping they can help resolve this. Failing that il try social or an 02 shop.

Message 27 of 310

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions
Message 28 of 310

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @pgn 🙂

@Barry123 , I will send you a PM so we can get this sorted out for you. 

Message 29 of 310

Lavapies
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah would really appreciate your help also. I'm struggling with this error code too, have tried calling and speaking to customer services, have tried suggestions online, and am no closer to getting the watch cellular up and running. 

Message 30 of 310