Did you mean: 

Apple Watch S7 - Issue with mobile service disconnecting after 2 minutes

deejaygav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I wonder if any O2 gurus can assist me with a problem I am having with my S7.

I previously had a S6 watch with mobile data plan on O2 but I then bought an S7 stainless steel about 2 months ago online. I was able to switch my esim over to the S7 no problem.

The issue I am having is that it shows that a plan is connected on the watch but when I am away from my phone/wifi, although it will show a Green network symbol I can’t connect to anything (Siri, Mail, Apple Music etc.). If I reboot the watch it will initially show a Green '4G' symbol and connect to the internet (Siri etc.) but after a few minutes it will then change to the Green network symbol again and will not connect to any services as above.

I have been in touch with support on the phone and then asked me to remove the esim, restore the watch and then add the esim back on. They also reset the esim. However I am still having the same issue. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@deejaygav I will send you a private message to check your account. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37259 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@deejaygav  - update the phone to iOS 16.3 and the watch update should follow to OS 9.3 - then the watch set-up on O2 works as it should.  Info on all that here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Apple-Watch-OS-9-3-and-O2-Airtime-Plan-Connectivi...

If that fails, come back here - I will tag @O2nath_ci who is on for the next 3 or so hours, and see if you need help from him.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 8

deejaygav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for quick reply. 

I have already updated my iPhone to iOS 16.3 and the watch to 9.3 this week but unfortunately still having same problem 

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37259 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@deejaygav wrote:

Hi thanks for quick reply. 

I have already updated my iPhone to iOS 16.3 and the watch to 9.3 this week but unfortunately still having same problem 

Then over to @O2nath_ci I think, @deejaygav.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Looks like Nathan missed the mention on Friday, so I'll see if the advisor on duty this morning can help.

Can you see if there is anything you can do @O2Sarah- to help @deejaygav ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@deejaygav I will send you a private message to check your account. 

Message 6 of 8

deejaygav
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @O2Sarah- watch is now connecting to my plan again after your support!!

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Thanks for coming back to let us know your watch is working @deejaygav .

And well done to @O2Sarah !

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8