cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch – No Cellular / Mobile Data (tried everything!)

offthebandwagon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Slightly at my wits' end with O2 and the Apple Watch. I have had a mobile data plan for several years, that has never worked consistently. Thought a recent upgrade to the Series 9 Watch might have fixed it, but if anything it's worse. Very rarely works when I'm out for a run without my phone, which is incredibly frustrating, and costing £6/month for nothing.

The Watch knows it has a plan (Says "O2" under plan, and on the iPhone Watch app too), but Status says "No Connection", or "Loading" forever. I do have cellular signal (dots on the Watch face, and can make a call), but no data connection at all (the 'signal' icon is green, but never turns to "4G").

I've seen other resolved posts on here, but never with a concrete solution, can anyone help?

Some useful info:

• I've been through every level of phone and chat Support, turned it off and on a million times, completely reset the watch, removed and reset the plan etc etc. Nothing works.
  • It's the same everywhere, even in areas of perfect signal.
  • Restarting the Watch very occasionally fixes it, but isn't a practical solution, nor a consistent one.
  • My last step was to go in-store, where they basically said I've exhausted all the help they can give! They did try something internal with tech support, but didn't work.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

This should help, @offthebandwagon - Activate Apple Watch Guide 

It contains the collated info off many posts and resolutions. Seems to be very tricky to get the £7 watch tariff to link to your existing phone tariff reliably. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7

GabonPhil
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you ever solve this? My Apple Watch has the same issue; connecting to O2 4G data is completely unreliable. Data works on occasion, but is completely inconsistent. Seems worse the last few months. Phone cellular signal is always okay. 

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

@GabonPhil The OP has nor been back but has marked the post from PGN as a solution, so we assume it's now OK

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

offthebandwagon
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not fixed at all. They never followed up on several tickets that were endlessly 'in progress', nor two official complaints that are now with the Ombudsman.

Moved to EE and now works perfectly every time, not had any issues. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Seems to be a common occurrence, @offthebandwagon - where EE covers the areas you most need to use the phone in, it was the obvious solution. 

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@offthebandwagon wrote:

Not fixed at all. They never followed up on several tickets that were endlessly 'in progress', nor two official complaints that are now with the Ombudsman.

Moved to EE and now works perfectly every time, not had any issues. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Please let us know @offthebandwagon the result of the Ombudsman's deliberations ; it is always informative to hear the outcome and reasoning in such cases. 👍

Message 7 of 7