Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel 4G WiFi device

PA1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just received an Alcatel 4G portable WiFi device (Linkzone 4G LTE Cat 7 mobile WiFi). I’m having issues connecting it up. It says to put in the IP address in the browser but when I do it comes up with “this site cannot be reached” and I can’t find the SSID on my WiFi in Settings on my iPhone 11. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@PA1976 

Have you followed the details on the Alcatel Support Site and the User Guide: https://www.alcatelmobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/180829-WIFI70-MW70VK-UM-EN.pdf

As it sounds like the WiFi connection hasnt initialised. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@PA1976 

You need to connect to the device's wifi network first.

Then enter the ip address, such as 192.168.1.1 or whatever it says.

Once into the router control panel you can configure the wifi network name and password to whatever you want, then enter those details in your phones wifi screen settings to connect to it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

PA1976
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I try to. It has the SSID name on the WiFi in Settings but when I put in “admin” as the password like it’s telling me to it doesn’t let me join. Like I said I can’t get the LinkHub website on. On page 12 of the guide at the bottom it tells me to click the link to the IP address but again it’s coming up with “this site can’t be reached” instead of the LinkHub website

I am at home and my Virgin Media router is on. Has that got anything to do with it?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@PA1976 

Check the label on the router for the correct username and password.

Default is usually admin for both but yours may be different.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

PA1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went to the O2 store in town and explained the situation and he just said the WiFi Key is the password. Instead of faffing about with IP addresses on browsers like it said to do all it could have said is "look under the battery case for the WiFi Key. This is the password for the relevent SSID on your WiFi Networks". They didn't really need to tell me to type IP addresses in anywhere.

And "admin" was not the password for the WiFi device. It was the password for the Alcatel app which they did not explain.

It's all done now so all is well.

Message 6 of 6