cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data connection drops when on call.

Tominator
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have a Pixel 8 Pro (although this also happened on my previous device - Redmi Note 10 Pro) and I am finding that most of the time, as soon as I begin a voice call, the mobile data 5G/4G/3G, will drop to 'H' but will simply not pass any data.

This is really frustrating, especially if I am out of WiFi range and am having to use my mobile as a Hotspot and talk to a customer on the phone at the same time. 

There are occasions when it will retain the 5G/4G/3G connection, but more often than not, it won't.

I have tried disabling WiFi Calling at network level, and also rebooting my device, but neither help.

This also happens wherever I am geographically. so I don't think it is down to service on a particular mast.

Any information that help would be much appreciated, as at the moment it is making life very difficult and I am seriously considering moving networks.

Many thanks in advance!

Tom.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

And try setting up the O2 MyNetwork app to monitor for you, it uses a separate credential from the forum here and from your MyO2:

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Good luck, @Tominator 

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Standard issue with O2 ever since I can remember @Tominator so unlikely to change anytime soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3