Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G

Chelsea11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve had a message saying i now have 5G - i do not want 5G I want to stay on 4G ! I do not want my account changing - how do i stop it?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Unless your phone is 5G capable, and unless your tariff exclusively states it is a 5G tariff and you have a 5G SIM, @Chelsea11, you're going to be running at 4G only most of the time - the rest of the time, your phone will be on 3G or perhaps even 2G service levels. 

And eventually, like 4G, everyone's service will be able to use 5G, if their phone and their tariff are set up to use it, and if 5G is available where they are.

Here's the O2 Business 5G FAQ for you to see the SMS you have received does not mean you have been given 5G service, @Chelsea11 

https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/setting-up-5g

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Unless your phone is 5G capable, and unless your tariff exclusively states it is a 5G tariff and you have a 5G SIM, @Chelsea11, you're going to be running at 4G only most of the time - the rest of the time, your phone will be on 3G or perhaps even 2G service levels. 

And eventually, like 4G, everyone's service will be able to use 5G, if their phone and their tariff are set up to use it, and if 5G is available where they are.

Here's the O2 Business 5G FAQ for you to see the SMS you have received does not mean you have been given 5G service, @Chelsea11 

https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/setting-up-5g

Message 2 of 5

Armin
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you do not want 5G where ever you go, I suggest going through this.

Apple: 

Settings -> Mobile Data -> Mobile Data Options -> Voice & Data -> Select (5G Auto, 5G On, 4G, 3G, (2G it’s E don’t press it))

NOTE: 3G will be turned off by 2025 so be careful when you use 3G cause it might cut off.

I don’t know Samsung.

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6257 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

@Armin Unless you tag them they are not going to see your addition to a 18 month old post.

I suspect it's been sorted

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Armin
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok @Enlli. I just joined so thank you for letting me know

Message 5 of 5