cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unsure on whether to go for an Iphone 6 plus 64gb or a galaxy s6 edgewhat do other people think

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144687 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Competition and variety is good - we all know that and there is enough room in the mobile market for all makes and models.....
We just enjoy the wind up slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123136 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

As I say often it is all down to personal choice. People like what they like. It would be boring if everyone liked the same. I have 2 sons. My eldest is Apple mad........the other prefers any phone.... except iPhones....

Neither of them join any queue at the launch of any phone. They can't afford to.  My youngest son bought a small family car for the price of the new iPhone 6. Not earning much and with a family to support...he thinks he has his priorities right. I am inclined to agree wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 13 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123136 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

All done in the best possible taste....as someone once said wink

Kenny Everitt I think...(when he was playing Cupid something or another):bouncy_smiley:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

As I say often it is all down to personal choice. People like what they like. It would be boring if everyone liked the same. I have 2 sons. My eldest is Apple mad........the other prefers any phone.... except iPhones....

Neither of them join any queue at the launch of any phone. They can't afford to.  My youngest son bought a small family car for the price of the new iPhone 6. Not earning much and with a family to support...he thinks he has his priorities right. I am inclined to agree wink

Quite right, people should never overstretch themselves due to peer-pressure. How many times do we see on here that 2-3 months down the line some people are finding the monthly costs crippling and they are tied into a long contract and the only way out is to pay off the high cost of the handset.

Message 15 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

All done in the best possible taste....as someone once said wink

Kenny Everitt I think...(when he was playing Cupid something or another):bouncy_smiley:

It was indeed dear Kenny talking about stunts.

Message 16 of 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Cunning ones at that.....

As you can probably tell I don't fall for the hype.

When I bought a MP3 player recently, I had a choice of commercial choices or take a risk on something Chinese. Well I went with FiiO in the end as it offers above average audio output and a dedicated line-out not a shared one.

The iPod is great and all of that, as long as you use stuff designed to work with it. Or possibly lossless ALAC CD conversions if you can create them.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 17 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Same here with my latest cam,
Could spend 150+ on a gopro or go Chinese.
Went for Xiaomi Yi cam.
1080p at 60fps, 16mp Sony exmor sensor and Ambarella a7ls processor.
Under 40 quid for better results.
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys, remember to post any links to any reviews you have done about these devices. Your reviews are great and it can help new members looking for advice on this. Thanks!

Message 19 of 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Message 20 of 20