cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unsure on whether to go for an Iphone 6 plus 64gb or a galaxy s6 edgewhat do other people think

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
2 completely different beasts. Both have their pros and cons. Spend a bit of time with both and make a decision - although be prepared to be labelled a "sheep" if you opt for the Apple as most non-Apple people tend to lumber us all together...
I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Galaxy if you want the very best phone on sale today or the iPhone if you want 2 year old tech wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took delivery of a normal S6 yesterday - the phone is stunning.

Message 3 of 20

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
2 completely different beasts. Both have their pros and cons. Spend a bit of time with both and make a decision - although be prepared to be labelled a "sheep" if you opt for the Apple as most non-Apple people tend to lumber us all together...
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Depends what you want from a phone to be honest. If you want tried, trusted and simple to operate then go for the iphone but many people have data issues and poor signal. They don't operate well with TuGo and only a 12 month warranty.

If you want something a little special, customisable and up to date technology then go for the S6.

Try them out in your local stores and get a feel for each. Ask your friends what they use and their opinions of the phones. Only you can decide what's best for you. It's ok asking on here but you know what they say about opinions....

Message 5 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

According to @viridis's stupendous review it would be the S6. (Yes I know his was the Edge......even so) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
S6 or edge,
Phone of the year bar none,
As predicted by myself in January
Message 7 of 20

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

On the Pink Floyd album Animals, the Sheep win against the dogs in the end. Evil

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 20

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Mark_1980 wrote:

To be fair, you just lumbered all non apple users together...

You'll find most android users on here also have apple devices, I have one I use for smoothing poly filler with as the edge on it is perfectly straight.

Joking aside, it's just most find the androids better, but September always beckons a different kind of user.

You wanna see why the sheep name gets thrown about, wait til around two weeks before its even announced, ....

Message 9 of 20

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Mark_1980 wrote:

To be fair, you just lumbered all non apple users together...

You'll find most android users on here also have apple devices, I have one I use for smoothing poly filler with as the edge on it is perfectly straight.

Joking aside, it's just most find the androids better, but September always beckons a different kind of user.

You wanna see why the sheep name gets thrown about, wait til around two weeks before its even announced, ....

I've been around phones long enough to know what it's like every year when Apple release a new one. The people who feverishly queue up for days outside an Apple store are fully deserving of the sheep title because, lets be honest, that's a little bit pathetic.

However, I think the point I was trying to make is that not all Apple users are like that. I wouldn't say that I have any particular loyalty to Apple, for example. They just happen to make products which I like and which work well together. It's pretty obvious that there are plenty of people on this forum who automatically assume I (along with other iPhone owners) know nothing about phones because I have an iPhone and not an Android handset, but that's fine with me. If you like Android, then that's cool and I can understand why. I had a HTC Desire, One X, One X Plus, One, One M8, Note, Note 3, Galaxy S4, HTC 8X, Samsung Ativ S and Lumia 930 before going back to Apple, so I wouldn't say I have a one-track mind either wink

Message 10 of 20