cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am out of contract and have now moved my account to vodafone but can't use sim as phone needs unlocking. but no longer have an 02 account. how do I unlock my phone? thanks.

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi, you need to fill out the form as described in the help link here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi, you need to fill out the form as described in the help link here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Use the unlock form first if it will recognise your mobile  number

Then try customer service. Otherwise you need a CLASSIC payandgo sim and top up £20,make a few calls and make sure you leave £15 to pay for the unlock.

It's a shame you didn't come here before your contract ended. It would have been free via the link in My O2. . 

Message 3 of 7

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

Please follow their advice and let us know if there's something else we can do for you! thumbsup

Happy New Year! We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 7

ladygunner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with o2 for a lot of years,recently I asked for an old contract phone to be unlocked,I was given a pin to enter which did not work,customer help (chat) told me I would be contacted by support with a solution for this.However I received an email telling me there is nothing o2 can do and I should contact manufacturer to get problem solved.I am now left with a perfectly good phone which can only be used on o2 so no use to me as I have an upgrade and no use to any family member who are on different networks.not good service to loyal customers at all

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you tried using the phone on o2 again to re-register the phone on the network?
If you do this, you should then be able to unlock through your MyO2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Did you put another network sim in the phone then used the code. Depending on the phone and the number of attempts, it could now be hard-locked to O2.

Message 7 of 7