cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to deal with 02 for an issue they caused, disgraceful customer service!

Bmwboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I am hoping the forum will solve my issue or the next step is small claims court and the ombudsman.  I originally had one contract with 02. The wife’s phone was due to end with Vodafone so I naturally as I pay the bill I said I would take an additional line on my account for her. We were due to go on Holiday in 3 days time so I did a click and collect for the contract for an iphone 7 for next day.

The next day I went into my local 02 shop to collect the order and the phone had not even left the warehouse. The manager of the store suggested I take out another contract and when the phone I ordered over O2 online came into the store she would send the contract back. She explained I would see 3 numbers on my account until the phone is sent back.

I took the third line and we took the phone away with us. I come back of holiday nearly a month later and I see the contract still listed on my account. I go straight back to the store that apologise perfusely and explain that they forgot to send the contact back and unfortunately its gone over the 14 days. At this point I am now angry demanding to see the manager but she will not come out. The other store manager explains this is a mistake and they will sort it. They asked me to take the phone contact 02 for the return and they will type “notes” to explain this is there issue.

I ring 02 and explain the above and get the phone sent back.

1 week later, I ring to chase up and they can see the phone has

• NEVER been used
  • Sim card never been used

I provide them the royal mail tracking  number which shows signature and who signed for the parcel.

GUESS what the phone still listed on my account and I am now charged with a disconnection fee and threatening to ruin my credit rating. This is totally outrages and I feel victim of fraud basically. The store refuse to take issue and 02 still have not removed the phone from my account.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Let us know what happens when you get hold of CS....

Either way come back to the thread on Monday to see if you have a response from @Marjo or @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure that if they agree to freeze it then there are notes on your account stating this otherwise you may get more demands for payment 

Message 12 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Bmwboy Your biggest problem is going to be your ability to prove all this. From reading your first post, all you have is verbal assurances from the store, and nothing in writing. Have you seen these 'notes' they said they were going to make? I hope you're able to get this resolved, but I think you've got a battle on your hands.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 21

Bmwboy
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From my point of view would be - Evidence as follows

• I was denied a third line, the woman from 02 had to ring to explain what she was doing
  • The store has been contacted by 02 and they are aware of what they said

From what i can understand the staff are on commison to sell contracts and say the phone was retuned by the store i would come off there store profit and loss margins so they do everything in there power to reffer it back to 02.

Message 14 of 21

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bmwboy All I'm saying is you have nothing in writing, which makes your ability to prove this difficult.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 21

Bmwboy
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But the woman from 02 phoned 02 to explain what she was doing, this was verbal and the call would have recorded? 

Message 16 of 21

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes, it's possible that the call was recorded, but you have no way of knowing that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 21

Bmwboy
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update 

Good news i have spoke to a Gemma in the customer returns department yesterday, who has removed the phone and bill from my account. It is still showing on there for now and my new phone bill has been generated showing it. 

Its a start i guess!

Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keeping fingers crossed for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bmwboywrote:

Update 

Good news i have spoke to a Gemma in the customer returns department yesterday, who has removed the phone and bill from my account. It is still showing on there for now and my new phone bill has been generated showing it. 

Its a start i guess!

That's good to hear @Bmwboy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 21