Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text advising you have received a picture message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate some help with this.

I was able to receive and see mms on my new Lumia800 until today. Suddenly I received a text saying that I have to go online to see the mms? I asked the sender to resend in case something went wrong with the network but I received the same txt again.

Any idea? I was able to receive mms before :smileyfrustrated

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was Vicky(if that is a real name), slight_smile

couldn't sort it out. To be fair though I can now send MMS. Receiving remains a problem though.

She asked me to download the app Liquid suggested as well but that didn't work either.

Anyway she advised I visit an O2 shop.

Any other ideas?

She did say though that they will definetely be able to rectify. Sounded a bit too confident to me.

What do you think?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Try txting "active" to 2020 that should fix it:)

Let us know how you get on.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144406 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Aha, the old windows /MMS issue again 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The activation txt didn't help guys.

I received an activation message back but I still can't receive/send mms. This time though I don't get the text advising that I have to go online to download the mms. Instead i now receive an active text saying "Get media content now (179kb)" and when I click on it it changes for a second to "Getting media content... (179kb)" and then nothing happens and changes back to "Get media content now (179kb)". It is like a never ending loop no matter how many time I press on the link.

The other thing is that when I received the activation message I also received a notification saying " You've received new phone settings from a source we don't know. If you know the sender and want to accept the changes, type your sender password and then press Enter. You'll get a text message when the changes are complete."

I'm not aware what is the password this message refers to so I ignored.

Any ideas?

I still don't understand though why everything was fine until a few days ago and suddenly it stopped.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 it sounds you've seen that before..was there any solution?

Message 5 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I believe there's an app in the market place called "network setup" supposed to fix these issues automatically.

Do you have Internet?

Is the sender a picture message phone? Have you recieved mms from them before?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liquid,

I have received many mms from them before. it's a picture they send me

Message 7 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Any luck with the app?
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't tried that yet, I'm on a live chat now and the guru says he will sort me out...let's see. if I don't get any luck from him I'll download the app

Message 9 of 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Best of luck:) I hope you've got a good one:)
Message 10 of 12