cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tarif

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my fixed tarif ends soon, i would like to keep my phone and not upgrade, can you tell me what my new tarif will be.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12607 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions
This is a customer to customer forum, so if you have an account related question you would be better off contacting customer services.

THe answer to your question also depends on who you got your contract through - directly from o2 or through a 3rd party such as Carphone Warehouse.

If the former, then you will simply carry on with your bill as it is but will no longer pay the device part.

If the latter (3rd party) then your plan will continue with no change - ie it will still be the same amount.

If this is the case and you are happy with your handset then I would recommend either getting a PAYG SIM or change to a SIM only deal as these could be cheaper.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23953 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Anonymous Your tariff will stay the same and become a one month rolling contract. You can call customer service and take a sim only contract with a lower tariff (if there is one) if you choose to do that. As you're keeping your phone you won't need to change sim cards. It can all be done by customer service from their end.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12607 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions
This is a customer to customer forum, so if you have an account related question you would be better off contacting customer services.

THe answer to your question also depends on who you got your contract through - directly from o2 or through a 3rd party such as Carphone Warehouse.

If the former, then you will simply carry on with your bill as it is but will no longer pay the device part.

If the latter (3rd party) then your plan will continue with no change - ie it will still be the same amount.

If this is the case and you are happy with your handset then I would recommend either getting a PAYG SIM or change to a SIM only deal as these could be cheaper.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125821 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Similar to me. When my contract ended I wanted to keep my phone so I gave notice at contract  end and went for a new sim only tariff. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/#/tariffs

It ended again in January and I did exactly the same. I did contact CS on 202 although the option was available in MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
The option was in your My O2 for the renewal of the simo but you wouldn't have been able to switch from contract to simo 12 months ago without contacting CS first, unless it is a refresh contract where the device plan has been paid off..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 125821 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Personally I rang CS both times. Jan 2015 and Jan 2016. I wanted the special offer and to run a test as to how long it all took. (10 minutes) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Yeah, you gotta call to get the deals slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7