Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching sims

louisedlk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

have a current contract that doesnt run out until october but i have just ordered a new phone. id like to keep the same number, is this possible even tho the orginal contract is still running?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@louisedlk wrote:

can u not just switch the 2 different numbers since they are both on my personal account?

I don't believe so. Sorry. 

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are we sightly misunderstanding your question here?

Are you wanting to keep BOTH contracts running with your new phone using your existing number and your old phone using the new number given?

If so then the answer is yes. If the sim sizes are the same then just put the right sim in the right phone for your needs.

If the sim cards are different sizes, and if you are near an o2 store, then just pop in and they will do a FREE sim swap for you on both phones.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think so, they'll just keep the primary number & cancel the other & I guess if there might be termination fees if they deem it so for the 2nd number
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It reads to me that the OP now has two contracts on his account intentionally but wants to swap the numbers around. As said, this can't be done without terminating the initial contract. The only possible way around it is to swap the sims in the phones. This option may not be preferred as there could be different allowances involved which is only something that the OP can decide on.

Message 14 of 14