cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct debit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me why my balance is sitting at zero for my latest bill even tho o2 have not requested the payment yet? I rang them today and they said it was requested and it would show tomorrow but my bank is saying there is no upcoming transactions. Many thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous 

If O2 has sent the request to your bank,although it hasn't been taken yet, until they  get something from the bank that confirms its been declined, the system always assumes it will be paid. If it is rejected that will show a couple of days or so after they have tried to take it from your bank account and then instead of balance 0.00 it will show whatever amount you owe. Hope this helps.:)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A few people have reported the same which may have something to do with New Years day and O2 systems.

Did customer services confirm what your bill amount is. If so just ensure that amount is in your account.

As we are on the weekend you may find the bill taken in Monday or Tuesday.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It certainly will be showing as debited from your account on the next working day ie Monday. No direct debits are taken over the weekend.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

My balance is zero even though it isn't showing as going out of my bank account yet.  I called O2 CS and they confirmed that the direct debit is processing so it should appear as going out of my bank on Monday (tomorrow).  Wait until tomorrow and see if it changes for you too.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous 

If O2 has sent the request to your bank,although it hasn't been taken yet, until they  get something from the bank that confirms its been declined, the system always assumes it will be paid. If it is rejected that will show a couple of days or so after they have tried to take it from your bank account and then instead of balance 0.00 it will show whatever amount you owe. Hope this helps.:)

Message 5 of 5