cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surname change

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i was just wondering is it possible to change your surname in the o2 store or do you have to do it online or in post?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Try this then.....

change_of_name

Yes that works.

I know it does Happy Dance

So that's something else I've fixed inside 5 mins that's been broke for at least 2 months?

Yes. beggars belief really.

It also beats going instore. As I understand that, all they do is print off the form for you. You still have to fill it in and enclose the documentation required and send it off yourself.  A real trek around.

According to the post I linked to (when it was first highlighted) Mercedes was checking the fault. We have heard nothing since. slight_frown Yet another broken link!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I heard that the store will fax it off if you take the proof with you, as I mentioned above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 29

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Makes me really angry when I post a link in good faith and with the intention of supplying an answer only to be informed that the link doesn't work.

Whose job is it to notify whoever maintains this site and its links? Should this be coming from the community managers? If so, what is it that they're doing all day that's so much more important than making sure the O2 site works in an efficient manner, and that members of the community who give their time freely to help others aren't made to look foolish by posting links that do not function?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree @Bambino. I made a similar complaint recently about the opening hours of customer services.

I was made to look slightly foolish when an O2 employee (posting on the forum) enlightened me about the change.

This was well before Christmas and at the weekend. There were no amended times shown on the official contact us page. .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whoever is paid to maintain the website should be checking it functions correctly (not that it ever has to my knowledge).
We've been reporting broken links for years and I'd bet that 80% are either still broke or the function they served has been removed.
We all know it takes between months and never to change anything on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I also recall that the information about the 'store printing a change of name form' was passed on by an O2 employee posting on the forum. As helpful as it was, it surely isn't their job to inform us of system changes....whilst misinformation/broken links are still available on the website? . 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There isn't any real mechanism for informing us of changes though - we generally have to find out for ourselves.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 29

Bambino
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I agree with you both, @Cleoriff and @MI5, yet I'm still none the wiser. So I ask again. Who is responsible for reporting errors and broken links on the site? The Community members? I think not, or if that's so, why? Why is the O2 site continually broken, with no repair of it for literally years? @MercedesS@Marjo@Martin-O2? Perhaps one of you could enlighten us?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As it stands currently we are finding out about broken links when someone posts and states 'that link doesn't work". "I cant get to the download bill page" "CS are closed and they should be open" " My card won't top up" "My card won't allow me to pay my bill"......etc etc etc etc....

So yes @Bambino it's generally community members. The regular members then report to admin and we hope for a fix.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 29

Bambino
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

That's exactly my point, @Cleoriff. It gets reported to admin, and nothing gets done. So my question still is what is it that admin is doing all day? Are they reporting the errors and broken links? If they are, and the links stay unfixed, are they pressing anyone as to why? Have we ever had any explanation from them as to why the links are not being fixed? Is the reason for their existence to just monitor what the members in the community are saying on the site, or do they have another purpose? Isn't admin supposed to be responsible for the daily running of the site as a whole? Well the site is broken, and it's broken in many places, so why aren't admin addressing that? It shouldn't be up to the regular community members to have to apologise for, or explain why this site doesn't do what it was designed to do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 29