cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy ace which isnt...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,just wanting to vent a little and perhaps seek a way to go with this.

Problem,last xmas I bought 3 new phones on renewal of contract,one nokia for myself,one iphone5 for eldest daughter and one samsung galaxy ace for the wife.

All working well until summer last when wifes samsung would not receive texts and message on phone said "internal memory full" (it wasnt).Took it to the o2 shop,guy looked at it and said it had to be sent away and will take 2 weeks. off it went and 4 weeks later she got it back,worked for 3 days then same problem.

Back to shop another guy looked at it and said "ah yes easy fix just needs factory reset" all her stuff on phone needed backed up and then he reset it and it worked.lasted a week and same problem,back to shop reset,another few days,yet again,in total back to shop 5 times and factory once and today again its quit.

As the account holder I went onto chat with o2 and explained all this plus fact its a 28 mile round trip each time to the shop and wife needs the text bit of the phone for her work to receive messages from clients.I told the guy on chat all of this and that I believe o2 should now replace the phone after so many tries at repairing it but he categorically refused,I then asked could he give me a number of a supervisor to call and again he refused,so there it is,one very dissatisfied customer indeed,the contracts for all 3 of the phones I bought last xmas end in 5 weeks time and you can guess where I wont be going to renew. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Unfortunately there is nothing wrong with the phone - It's just a crap phone!!
There is so little internal memory it fills up with just a few apps.....
You could hold out to see if Samsung release android 4.4 for it, which will fix the issue with storage, or, sell the phone and buy something else to see out the contract.
Last choice is to delete all apps that are not standard and just use it that way as a dumb phone....

Nothing to stop you rooting it and clearing out the bloatware or even putting a custom ROM on it if it's getting really desperate.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Unfortunately there is nothing wrong with the phone - It's just a crap phone!!
There is so little internal memory it fills up with just a few apps.....
You could hold out to see if Samsung release android 4.4 for it, which will fix the issue with storage, or, sell the phone and buy something else to see out the contract.
Last choice is to delete all apps that are not standard and just use it that way as a dumb phone....

Nothing to stop you rooting it and clearing out the bloatware or even putting a custom ROM on it if it's getting really desperate.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's been a couple of threads regarding the same kind of issues.

My partner sent a Samsung galaxy y back due to the same issue.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Christmas is closing in fast. Time to treat her to a bigger capacity phone. This has always been a problem with this particular model range.
Message 4 of 4