cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I communicate via text, email & web - told my data will increase from £10/month to £1/day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please Help?

I'm disabled and cannot use the phone in the normal way because my speech is so bad.

I communicate with others either on Facebook or by email or SMS text.

I use iPhone 5 on a Pay & go tarrif that has cost me £10 a month + cost of SMS.

A few days ago received a text from O2 to say that from next month data will cost £1 a day!

I simply cannot afford to find another £20 a month with the way things are.

I am unable to work and live on benefits.

My iPhone is my main contact with family and friends and I also use it for online shopping.

I would try and sort this out myself but there appears to be no email available on the O2 website.

Can someone please pass this on to the right people at O2 as it is really important that I get this sorted ASAP.

I think my bolt-on is called 'Worksweb'.

I have been using it for the past 5 years!!

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

My sincere thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help.

Apparently everything is in order - it's only when you exceed the monthly allowance of 1GB that the £1 a day charge kicks in until the next payment date.

The text - which I have never received before - led me to believe that I would be charged £1 a day for data.

This is incorrect and I apologise for any hassle caused by this misunderstanding.

Thanks again,

Chris

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Did you request a tariff change at all?
Pay and Go Go Go and O2 Unlimited still give inclusive allowances so I don't understand...?
What was the reason given for the change by O2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

No , I did not request any change - I just received a text from O2 saying that from December data will be £1 a day!

Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

There must be some reason for the change. Maybe your tariff is not valid anymore (most unusual) or maybe something else changed.
Are you sure it's not just saying that it will cost £1 a day after you have used your inclusive allowance of data ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope all goes ok for you.

Perhaps update your thread after you get a reply.
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Indeed, this could be another change we don't know about ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is in order here - I'm in credit.

The text just sad that would be moved onto the £1 a day rate and that was it - no explaination!

I've just tried the email listed in the previous reply - doesn't appear too work anymore - but thanks anyway!

If there's anyone at O2 monitoring this can they please contact me PLEASE!!

Message 9 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If this is correct and your charges will go up, you should consider switching to GiffGaff or Tesco Mobile. For £10 per month you can get a lot more than O2 are offering, and they both run on the O2 network. You would need to ask for your PAC in order to keep your number, but that isn't difficult to do. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 21