cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refurbed or repaired after 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know about this situation about repaired or refurbished handsets after 14 days? shorley not on when you pay for a brand new phone and then get given a refurbed unit within a month but you are still paying for the brand new phone. sure ofcom would have something to say about this as its not in 02's T&C

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

just so you know in future you can complain to ofcom about a provider. they dont look at individual cases but monitor amount of complaints and will step in if they get alot of complaints.

That is correct and so it's the wrong place to go with your problem as you were told earlier.

Ofcom have not and cannot solve your problem!!!! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 31 of 51

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/who-can-we-help-communications.html once you have exausted the o2 complaints procedure or received a deadlock letter

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 32 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

for anyone in the furture 02 have to replace for same age handset. anything older than original handset is breaching sale of goods act 1982

Message 33 of 51

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

for anyone in the furture 02 have to replace for same age handset. anything older than original handset is breaching sale of goods act 1982

Why are you continuing to post this rubbish, you know it is incorrect? Smiley Indifferent

You still haven't told us whether you have made a proper complaint and if so what the outcome was, so your comments can't be taken seriously.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 34 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

fact, complaint made. fact, 02 stilling saying they are right. fact spoken to citizen advice. fact, told me to lodge complaint with trading standards and ofcom. fact, 02 are in breach if handset is replaced by older unit due to sales of goods act 1982.  fact you think you know everything. fact, you dont

Message 35 of 51

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

CAB wrong on ofcom as you first have to use the service I posted above for a complaint by an individual

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 36 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice Adamtemp64 just went with the info i found below
statements from cab and ofcom
If your complaint is not resolved (CAB)

If your complaint is not resolved satisfactorily, you could complain to an independent ombudsman if the company is a member. They may look into your complaint on your behalf.

You could also report your complaint to Ofcom.

Recording complaints

Ofcom doesn’t investigate individual complaints. However, it does monitor the levels of complaints against companies as a way of checking whether they are acting fairly towards customers. You can tell Ofcom about your complaint by completing its online complaint form or by telephoning the enquiry line. If one particular company seems to be causing concern for consumers, they may consider investigating them.

Message 37 of 51

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

What I refered to above is the independant body that you go to before ofcom (as your quote from cab says) that is the correct dispute resolution process.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 38 of 51

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I think the key sentence in what you quoted is 'They may look into your complaint on your behalf.' That also implies that they may not. Personally, I think you're wasting your time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 39 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

havent got that far yet still dealing with trading standards and 02. trading standards say due to replacement should be like for like then age of handset comes into it. got a 8 month old iphone for a month old q10 and in their eyes they see this as a breach of supply of goods act

Message 40 of 51