cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refurbed or repaired after 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know about this situation about repaired or refurbished handsets after 14 days? shorley not on when you pay for a brand new phone and then get given a refurbed unit within a month but you are still paying for the brand new phone. sure ofcom would have something to say about this as its not in 02's T&C

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't have to accept a repair you are quite correct if the phone is only a month old I would push for a new replacement if they won't play ball you can get trading standards involved all these companies have policy's but they don't override the sale of goods act
Message 11 of 51

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

trading standards state:  You are legally entitled to a refund, replacement or repair if goods do not conform to the contract, in other words are not of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose or as described. it is down to the consumer to decide what to accept not for 02 to give a refurbished unit

There is nothing in that statement that says that a refurbished or repaired phone could not be of satisfactory quality. It certainly leaves things open to interpretation of what is considered satisfactory.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the phone is not fit for purpose as it's faulty the consumer gets to choose what they want refund replacement repair not the seller
Message 13 of 51

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The supplier must have the opportunity to repair the phone. Just because it's faulty doesn't mean it's not fit for purpose.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is faulty fit for purpose? They don't have to be given the opportunity to repair it and I certainly wouldn't accept a repair on a month old phone
Message 15 of 51

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Faulty means there's a fault, not unusable and beyond repair. Of course they have the right to repair the fault. If you bought a new car and there was a fault after a month would you demand that you be given a new car?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be entitled to one I suggest you look up the sale of goods act it states quite clearly that not fit for purpose includes faulty
Message 17 of 51

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I suggest that you wouldn't be entitled to a new one. Read this: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/#link-4

Just glancing through it, it states 'You have the right to get faulty goods replaced or repaired if it's too late to reject them. You can ask the retailer to do either, but they can normally choose to do whatever would be cheapest.'

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree it's not very well laid out but You would be entitled to a replacement after only a month I wouldn't accept anything less personally
Message 19 of 51

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I think that ultimately it comes down to who you're dealing with. You may personally feel that way, but if the seller disagrees you might have to take it further and there's no guarantee that you would win.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 51