"default" - on credit file

Amit_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello all,

good evening and hope you are all well.

I took out an O2 SIM only contract in Jan 2020. I cancelled the contract 3 days later, as I changed my mind. I never used the O2 sim, and the O2 customer services team assured that the account has been closed with no payments to be made.

The first direct debit went thru in early Feb 2020. I called customer services to issue me a refund. The O2 team refunded me the amount. It all seemed OK and all was well with me and O2 until today.

Today afternoon I got a phone call from my financial advisor who is processing my application for the remortgage of my house. He said I have a bad (Poor) credit rating - 649 out of 999. He said it has dropped down from 965 in January 2020 to 649 in April 2020 due to O2 placing a default note on my account. I checked my credit file and found he was right.

My advisor has warned me that the agreement in principle I have for my remortage will not be converted to an offer (or the funds won't be issued) as banks are running checks on credit files until the remortgage is compeleted. I now have a potential remortgage application rejection (or worst remortage falling thru) at the last minute.

I have called customer services at O2 again today and they have assured me that there was nothing to pay on my account and have shared the credit file referrals team email address with me. I have written to the credit file referrals team and explained my situation. But I am not sure if the error can be rectified in time for my remortgage to process smoothly. I have only 4 weeks for completion and I really need a written confirmation from O2 that there are no issues with my account and the credit file has to be updated to show the correct credit rating.

Has anyone been in the same situation before and can anyone help me please?

Any of the O2 gurus or the admins - @Martin-O2  - can you please guide me.

regards,

Amit.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Amit_R 

@Martin-O2 

Just letting you know this probably won't be picked up until Monday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Amit_R 

@Martin-O2will have to help you with this. However, he won't be here over the weekend. Monday at the earliest I'm afraid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Amit_R
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks @MI5 and @Cleoriff .. 

have a nice weekend..

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You're welcome and best of luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No problem @Amit_R 

Hope it all gets sorted for you soon.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Amit_R
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello all and @Martin-O2 ,

hope you are doing well. It has been 5 days and I haven't heard anything from the credit file referrals team..

Is there another way to raise this issue with O2?

thanks,

Amit.

Message 7 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12065 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Only by calling in again and chasing them up, but not sure that would speed them up

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 11

Amit_R
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello all,

got a email from the amendment team today saying they are going to update the file and remove the default from my account.

thanks for the support and guidance..

@Cleoriff @MI5 @Martin-O2 

best regards,

Amit.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Good news 👍

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11