Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number

Taxigirl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just changed to 02 got text yesterday confirming it will be done today,  my concern is should I still be using the sim card from old provider or my new one from 02.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Keep using the old one until it stops working @Taxigirl and then switch to the new one.

Please remember that it can take 48 hours for everything to settle down and text messages are normally the last to work.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Keep using the old one until it stops working @Taxigirl and then switch to the new one.

Please remember that it can take 48 hours for everything to settle down and text messages are normally the last to work.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Taxigirl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks gmarkj. I had gone to 02 shop and got email saying my number was to be ported yesterday.  On contacting customer services they advised will be done by 6pm today. I am wondering if i should be putting my old sim back  in phone.

Message 3 of 3