cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of contract but no upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am on a pay monthly contract (18 months) which ran out 4 months ago.When i view my upgrade options it says "you are not ready to upgrade yet" Anyone explain this to me please

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

was it definitely an 18 month contract?

those are very rare these days; they are usually 24 months now.

also, did you upgrade early last time? the remaining months may of carried over

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93216 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Your best option is to give them a call on 202. Did you take out the contract with a 3rd party last time as it would normally have been a Refresh contract for 24 months around that time. 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions
As mentioned already there haven't been any 18 month contracts for years so I expect it was a 24 month one unless a special offer ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous welcome to the forum! Wave

Can you elaborate a bit on the questions asked above? It will help our community with troubleshooting the issue for you in more detail. slight_smile

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you recently applied for an upgrade as they usually like you to wait a month before attempting to upgrade again

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for replying.Firstly i am not sure about contract lengh but i am defo out of contract

Because your current contract has ended, you are free to buy a new contract today.

This is the message i got from BILLMONITOR when it checked my bill and i have spoken to 02 about a lost sim card and they confirmed i am "out of contract" and offered to put me through to renewals,which i declined at the time however when i go on to mt 02 and click the upgrade link the message i get is "You are not ready to upgrade yet"

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question 

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i have posted a reply but as i am new to posting in forums i am not sure if i replyed to you or everyone but the reply is there    thanks

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions
Probably best to call 202 and speak to customer services about this as they can access your account to check.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous Good morning, how are you doing? Did you find out all the information you needed in the end about the upgrading? Were you able to do it? Cheers

Message 10 of 12