cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offered a £11.00p/m contract been charged £24.00p/m

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am typing on behalf of my father in law.

He received a call from o2 asking him to change from PAYG to contract. He says it was offered at £11.00p/m 100mins/300tx.

O2 then took £24.00- £21.00 for the contract + £3.00 for internet.

As soon as he found out, he telephoned them, and they said there had been a mistake but they wouldn't charge next month....

This saga has now been ongoing @£24.00 for EIGHT months, and numerous phone calls.

He is happy for me to be given full access to his account to help solve this problem- i am guessing as o2 record their calls, we will be able to get an original transcript of what was agreed?

But how would we get this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Your first call should be on the phone to CS (202). If they are unable to resolve you need to escalate through the official complaints procedure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
....he has been on the phone to them [again] this evening. They have said they will resolve it many times and each month nothing is done.

How [where] is the official complaints page

Thanks
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you very much - i will update as things evolve
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you've been paying the full price for 8 months, that isn't fair on you or your father in law if you have signed up for something far different. The £11 tariff is the £24 tariff except with a £13 per month discount added on - it was a deal for Pay As You Go customers to move to Pay Monthly.

If this was taken out over the phone, there should be a note to say so on either account. However, any advisor you speak to will be able to check the following if you ask:

1.) The deal was on offer at the time

2.) Your handset was included within the deal

3.) Your number moved from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly.

They should then be able to add the £13 discount for you there and then.

With regards to the money you have already paid - this is something that you can discuss on the phone or, if you aren't happy with the outcome, contact the Customer Resolutions Department using the link given above.

If this doesn't work and you do wish to request transcripts of your calls - here is the process for doing so: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Good luck - hope you get your deal asap!

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

AH! That ^^^ makes sense!

I've just been in a chat with an advisor since the last time i posted - he basically gave me the run around, saying no records of what was arranged?

I asked him to confirm there was an £11.00pm contract - he avoided the answer, the only thing he would confirm is that FIL is on an 18 month contract! Grrr... he was told when he was cold called it was only 12 months!

It seems o2 know full well what is going on but want to make us jump through hoops to get what was agreed. 

I will be back with an update....

Message 8 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the deal was the same as this one http://www.o2.co.uk/movetopaymonthly

Did he complete the number swap at point 3 in how to move as in the past this was the reason the discount was not applied.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who replied.

I have been on live chat tonight, armed with all of the information that 'you' provided me and have been told the account will be corrected in 3-5 days.

I will update this thread in a few days time

once again thanks for the help, links, etc.

Message 10 of 16