cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offered a £11.00p/m contract been charged £24.00p/m

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am typing on behalf of my father in law.

He received a call from o2 asking him to change from PAYG to contract. He says it was offered at £11.00p/m 100mins/300tx.

O2 then took £24.00- £21.00 for the contract + £3.00 for internet.

As soon as he found out, he telephoned them, and they said there had been a mistake but they wouldn't charge next month....

This saga has now been ongoing @£24.00 for EIGHT months, and numerous phone calls.

He is happy for me to be given full access to his account to help solve this problem- i am guessing as o2 record their calls, we will be able to get an original transcript of what was agreed?

But how would we get this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good to hear!

Hope it all works out and remember to pet us know how you get on slight_smile
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

we checked the account tonight and.....

....nothing has changed. slight_frown

I went to the 'live chat', o2 apologised, and said "for some reason, the credit has not been applied" - I am starting to wonder if o2 purposely take unauthorised money and then hang on to it as long as possible? 

Anyhow, i was reassured this will now be dealt with, a credit will be applied to the account, and o2 will only take the agreed contractural amount this month....

I will update this thread

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

we checked the account tonight and........

....nothing has changed, [still] slight_frown

went back online [[AGAIN Smiley Mad] and the advisor seemed clueless, despite giving him the reference of the previous two conversations.

He advised i ring sales on 202. After much explanation and nearly an hour on the phone, i have been promised a refund [straight back into the bank - NOT an account credit], the correct contract length, with the right amount being taken next month.

I will update next week...

Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick update -

i had a long chat with a very helpful o2 guy by the name of Philip Keenan. He sent a follow up email with the details of discussion, contract length and amount of refund.

The following day i recieved a courtesy telephone with clarification.

My father in law received money to his bank account on 28th february, [but only recieved the bank statement this week]

I hope the issue is now resolved and look forward to a future relationship with O2.

After i have posted this I am going to email o2 thanking Philip for his personal and professional service.

slight_smile

Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions