cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh upgrade to sim-only tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

I am due for an upgrade with the o2 refresh deal. However, I am quite happy with my current phone so I figured to choose one of the sim card only deals. Now, I was wondering, if I could later on still upgrade to a new handset with the o2 refresh deal at any time, or if I am stuck with the sim-only tariff until said tariff expired?

-TJ89

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Customers on a simo tariff who make all monthly payments on time can, after 3 months, upgrade to a full Phone contract.
So to answer you, after 3 months you can.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I think the upgrade on us deals are only available to existing Refresh customers so you would lose that if you changed to a different tariff ..The sim only deals are available on a 30 day or 12 month basis. You could ring customer services on 202 if you are still unsure. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Customers on a simo tariff who make all monthly payments on time can, after 3 months, upgrade to a full Phone contract.
So to answer you, after 3 months you can.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

TopperGas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why do O2 make customers wait 3 months, surely if I want to pay them £x for a new phone contact after a month on a sim contract why make me wait 2 months paying just £y for a sim deal, there's no business sense doing that!
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Partly because it’s sometimes used to build up a customers credit rating but no logical reason in the case of someone with good credit.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5