cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 have refused pac

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have requested my pac from o2 as my employers are moving all users onto one account with vodafone. My employers will pay my early termination fee when my final bill is produced as i am in commitment until may 2015.

The problem is as I am on a refresh plan, o2 say i have to pay off the phone plan before they will issue my pac. my employer will not pay this until the bill has been produced but o2 are refusing to budge. Offcom clearly state that a network provider cannot refuse to issue a pac within 2 hours (i am a consumer customer) unless i fall into one of the disqualifying catergories, which i dont. By refusing to issue my pac o2 are in breach of offcom regulations. Does anybody know how long it will take for offcom to look into this as my employer is waiting to port my number onto the new contract

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
I was issued my PAC before I paid my phone plan off

Most of the others are right. O2 cannot refuse to issue a PAC even if there are outstanding charges. Make a complaint if necessary, taking it to the ombudsman if they continue to refuse (which they shouldn't)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

They can not refuse your PAC. you are legally allowed this. Yes you need to pay your Phone Plan agreement, and you need to do this within 30days of cancelling your contract.

IF you wanted to disconnect and not keep your number then they can refuse to disconnect you until the Phone Plan is paid off.

Please call o2 again and im sure you will get someone who can help you.

Hope this helps.

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can most certainly get a PAC while you still have an outstanding phone plan, they will advice you that you should try to pay it off as soon as possible but you can still get it.
Message 13 of 15

Geordie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have requested the PAC code the way that everyone tells me to. But every time I try, the reply is  'There's been an issue processing your request, please try again later." 

Any suggestions on how to obtain a PAC code a different way?

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 15 of 15