cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 hardsell on business contract upgrade, what should i do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 for nearly 9 years.. I have upgraded last year in July 2012 on a O2 Business contract. I was told that the contract was 30 pounds.  I mentioned to the chap that if that includes vat and he said yes. When i was checking the bills today, i found out that the line rental was 30£ and 6£ vat added on top. I called O2 business customer service which was not helpful and they have passed me to their manager who mentioned there is nothing they can do about it since i have left it too late. I dont think it is legal since they are suppose to charge what i have agreed to them on the phone while doing the upgrade. 

I dont think i will ever upgrade or go with o2 next time, since the guy who upgraded me on the phone did a hard sell and now i m stuck with paying extra which i never agreed to pay. Can someone guide me what should i do? should i take further to the ombusman. 

I dont think O2 is the same company who use to put customers first than doing hard sells and being so greedy that the manager took 30 mins minutes on the phone and didnt helped me at all

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm not sure its much help but business tariffs are always quoted ex vat.... always have been.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 3