Did you mean: 

o2 eSim to eSim transfer NIGHTMARE!

Shabbadoof
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare at the moment and I'm hopeful someone can perhaps help or give me some advice on how I can resolve it.

My existing phone is an iPhone 12 and I've now got an iPhone 16. The iPhone 12 has an eSim on it which has worked fine for months and I wanted to transfer that to the new phone.

Tried to transfer it during the setup of the new phone and it kept failing, fine OK I'll try and do it manually.

That doesn't work so I go into a store to see if they can help (the Leeds Trinity one) however because my account has sent me too many verification codes today they can't get into it and my account is locked out (and still seems to be) if I try and login on a new device I get told 'We can't send you anymore codes. Get in touch if you need help' so both the My02 app on my new phone or using safari on it won't let me move any further forward so I'm at a dead end there and they've told me to wait until the lock has been removed from my account which could take 2 hours, could take 24hrs etc.

so dead end there.

I then go onto X and connect with o2 and speak to someone there. They create a new order for me this afternoon of an eSim which has now deactivated my old eSim in my iphone 12 and the order appears to be stuck in processing so when I go onto 'Install Your sim' on My02 nothing is there for me to do.

I'm at a loss at what I should do next. 

I can't ring / data / text anyone on my iPhone 12 as they have cut my existing eSim off.

IF the order completes for the replacement eSim is it not going to want to send a verification code to my existing number which now no longer works before it lets me do anything

I can't even setup my02 on the new iPhone 16 because when I go to login (and when verification codes can be sent to me again) it will send that to my existing number which I no longer have access to.

Your Sim page is currently showing - 

Unable to make changes

Because there are some changes underway on your account, you can’t make any changes on this page at the moment.

I've also rang o2 tonight who basically just said it's best to do nothing and let the existing order complete.

Help.... anyone?? lol

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

hilo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's been the same experience so far. But I wasn't even provided an option to generate a new QR code or a profile; straightaway, I was told to "go to the store and ask for physical SIM." What is the point of the eSIM, then?

Message 2 of 25

Shabbadoof
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@hilo wrote:

It's been the same experience so far. But I wasn't even provided an option to generate a new QR code or a profile; straightaway, I was told to "go to the store and ask for physical SIM." What is the point of the eSIM, then?

I suppose at least you have that option now. 

If I show up and they see I can't even get the verification text messages because the existing eSim has been cut off It will just be another dead end!

Message 3 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11520 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

Just go into a store with Photo ID, and say you need a new sim, as it's lost and they can sort you another SIM card...

If you dont need esim then stick to a physical sim, as lots of people across all networks have issues with esim, unless its your secondary number

@hilo 

esim is good as secondary sims, but really not as your main sim as per above so many issues with them..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149124 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

So many customers with the same issue just lately.

It seems you have to wait for your next bill to be generated for it to clear down your account, such is the brilliant new O2 system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 25

hilo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh I have had a card from Orange (from another country) and EE for a long time and had ZERO issues with eSIM. I joined O2 in the last few days because they finally added transfers, and now this. So, "people across all networks have issues with eSIM" is invalid. We also have 2024 - it should be easy to fix something like that online without the need to go to the store (I never was there, and I am not planning to go). I will terminate the contract with O2 because I still have a few days to do so.

For example, in the US, iPhones no longer have a physical SIM card slot. How would O2 handle this? slight_smile

Message 6 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149124 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

Well said @hilo 

TBH I've had zero issues with my esim but there does seem to be many issues lately with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11520 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@hilo 

Not it isn't invalid at all, there lots of issue with EE, Vodafone and Three, with esims if you look at other forums, and as someone who speaks to peers who manage enterprise devices across numerous different industries, no one wants to touch them as primary sims with all the issues..
They wouldn't as they dont do business in the US, and the US market has been forced down the road of esims by Apple..

o2's esim platform is not the best but its not the worse, for that lookj at Three...

All the ways to cancel are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract or you will need to contact o2 to cancel under the 14day policy Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 8 of 25

Shabbadoof
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Just go into a store with Photo ID, and say you need a new sim, as it's lost and they can sort you another SIM card...

If you dont need esim then stick to a physical sim, as lots of people across all networks have issues with esim, unless its your secondary number

Do you think i'll be able to do this with me no longer having access to a working eSim as they've cut that off so I can't access the mobile number if they want to send any codes to it?

Message 9 of 25

Shabbadoof
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

*** I can't even login to community.o2 on my iphone 12 anymore as it wants me to enter my usr/pwd again and then want to send me a code to verify who I am which i can no longer recieve!

Message 10 of 25