cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 contract rejected not happy

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was in debt with o2 and it got sold off to lowell - i paid it all but it is still coming up with a default on my credit file regardless of me paying it all off they said it could take up to 50 days.

I applied a few weeks ago- and o2 accepted me and said that I would have to pay a £550.00 security deposit. I didnt have the money at the time to pay that amount up front. So I now have the money to pay for the security deposit I reapplied for the contract and now ive been rejected straight away- I don't understand how ive been rejected - when a few weeks ago you said I could have the contract if i paid money upfront. 

doesnt make much sense to me i havent changed my credit file since then. should i just give up? I have been a loyal customer for 10 years! I feel let down- people lose their jobs it happens but thats not the case anymore i just had a hiccup for a few months. I got the money together for the security deposit and was looking forward to being an o2 customer again and having a new phone.

Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Unfortunately we are all customers and cannot influence these kind of decisions. You could try a sim only contract for a few months to see if that helps you ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
A default stays on your file for 6 years after you have paid the debt off.

Usually when a deposit is required then this is returned as long as the following 3 bills are paid on time.

You could wait a while and try again or try somewhere like CPW
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
That does seem a bit odd maybe they have changed something in their acceptance criteria if you had a default put on your credit file that will stay for 6 years whether you paid it off or not
Message 3 of 32

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Unfortunately we are all customers and cannot influence these kind of decisions. You could try a sim only contract for a few months to see if that helps you ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 do you need to pass a credit check for a sim only contract ?
Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
You do but it's an easier check to pass so I've been told
Message 6 of 32

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Yes, as Damien says it's easier as you're not running off with a £500 phone....
It can also help to demonstrate to O2 that you are capable of controlling your account and paying your bill on time etc.
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also I believe once you have a sim only for 6 months you can upgrade to a handset without a further credit check wink
Message 8 of 32

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The biggest thing is that your fate is decided by a computerised credit rating rather than a human being most of the time.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been rejected for a sim only contract too very confused - about everything. If i got rejected i wouldnt of bothered getting a security deposit i really like o2 hence why ive kinda fought to stay with them. I might have to try another company. i have emailed o2 - because i dont understand how they can change their minds in two weeks or so. It makes no sense ive not applied for any credit apart from a sim only contract. I know a default takes six years but it should come up with satisfied not all in red. Unless thats affecting their decision? But i can prove i paid that debt off regardless of what my credit file says! But what is really strange is that i applied for that contract WITH that default on my account???  && GOT ACCEPTED ! aslong as I had the security deposit! which i now have. makes no sense!

Message 10 of 32