cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 contract rejected not happy

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was in debt with o2 and it got sold off to lowell - i paid it all but it is still coming up with a default on my credit file regardless of me paying it all off they said it could take up to 50 days.

I applied a few weeks ago- and o2 accepted me and said that I would have to pay a £550.00 security deposit. I didnt have the money at the time to pay that amount up front. So I now have the money to pay for the security deposit I reapplied for the contract and now ive been rejected straight away- I don't understand how ive been rejected - when a few weeks ago you said I could have the contract if i paid money upfront. 

doesnt make much sense to me i havent changed my credit file since then. should i just give up? I have been a loyal customer for 10 years! I feel let down- people lose their jobs it happens but thats not the case anymore i just had a hiccup for a few months. I got the money together for the security deposit and was looking forward to being an o2 customer again and having a new phone.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I understand it the credit reference agency report back on the op's file and then O2 systems make a decision.

My son applied for an O2 contract and was turned down. His credit file was clean with no requests for credit which can go against you sometimes too.

He left is a few weeks and went back to the same O2 shop and was accepted.
Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah ive sent them email im not really expecting much they said they can take up to 10 days to respond to my email so will have to see 

Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on please.

Good luck.
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you everyone

Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome sorry we couldn't help you any more but this one is in o2s hands
Message 25 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Personally I use Payg go go go 4G £15 which ticks my wants and needs.

I hope you find some resolution.
Message 26 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey guys just thought id let you know havent yet heard anything from o2 but went on to credit expert this morning and to my surprise my credit file has gone from very poor to fair im so happy!! maybe this might help grin

Message 27 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93349 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions
Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it was best to space-out credit applications (leave it a few months) as they will appear on your file. (Footprint)

It could appear in different lights and go against near future applications.
Message 29 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93349 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

That's the normal way of things but the OP seems desperate for a contract now.

Message 30 of 32